Smoke + Ash, a women’s boutique located on Toronto’s Queen Street West, is looking for a Buying and Sales Assistant. This is a part-time position. The successful applicant will provide buying administrative support and exceptional customer service.
About the company:
Smoke + Ash caters to women who appreciate a unique and engaging lifestyle shopping experience. We focus on contemporary style, offering standout pieces that are on trend, unique and easy to wear. Our collection of clothing, footwear and accessories is complemented by a meticulously curated assortment of lifestyle products that enhance and add value to our customers’ everyday lives.
The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic entrepreneurial culture, in which associates continually have the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills. As part of a small and inclusive team, associates contribute to many facets of the organization and learn about the inner-workings of a fashion retail business.
The role includes the following:
- Working on the sales floor, providing excellent customer service and being a role model for driving sales results
- Upholding store operation standards to the highest level
- Supporting owner’s buying activities by creating all buying administrative documents including assortment boards, merchandise plans and purchase orders
- Conducting market research within the city and online
- Checking order confirmations and invoices
- Communicating with vendors regarding orders and following-up on deliveries
- Researching trends and potential brands
- Providing feedback to management on customer preferences and merchandise performance
- Strong sales ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment and committed to delivering superior results
- A love of fashion, understanding of fashion trends and appreciation for the Smoke + Ash aesthetic
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems independently
- Enthusiastic, upbeat and outgoing personality
- Flexible and enjoys taking on a variety of tasks
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work a variable schedule
- 2 years sales experience in a fashion retail environment with a proven track record of achieving sales objectives
- Fashion courses or diploma is an asset
- Administrative experience is an asset
- Candidates must have flexible availability on the weekends and weekdays
Submit your cover letter and resume by January 22nd. Indicate “Sales and Operations Associate” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.